Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Name of sealant??

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 23rd April 2014 Thread Starter
crompy70's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 75
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks: 73
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: Name of sealant??

Originally Posted by Renoir White View Post
I seem to recall reading in similar posts that the door card is meant to have some kind of plastic sheet barrier behind it to guide water into the door cavity and drain holes. If so, could your barrier sheet have been cut when the speakers were installed?
ive not had car long really and only noticed water collecting when i went for my cds that were in pocket and they were dripping wet..

also i think the speakers are the origional ones when car was built...but ive read in a few other posts that renault didnt fit the standard membrane things on my model of car.they fitted like a plastic shield round speaker that lets in no mechanic its just what ive been reading so i could be totally wrong...i just didnt know the name of sealer it needed before i even attempt the job...

also i didnt realize i needed much sealant as i thought i just need the sealant for were speaker comes in contact with door..and the 1 in pic looks like it has a nozzle applicator in red....i thought 1 tube would do 1 speaker as its only the 1 door that is leaking...thanks again

also my apologies my eyes playing tricks on hasnt got applicator.i just had to look again
Currently in crompy70's garage:
2004 renault megane II 1.9dci estate

Last edited by crompy70; 23rd April 2014 at 12:28 AM. Reason: corrections
crompy70 is offline  
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome