Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio 3 phase differences and engines

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 23rd April 2014
Mike H025
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Re: Clio 3 phase differences and engines

I luv mine ~ have seen 52 mpg, but that would mostly be motorway/dual carriageway after resetting trip computer. Latterly down to 45 -ish due to lots of local short urban journeys.

Apparently (according to Wikipedia) the basic chassis is larger than Mk 2 and is also used by the latest Nissan Micra.

Having come from a big Ford saloon I was surprised nevertheless how the clio still feels like a big car to drive. Once had an old style Mini, but it's nothing at all like that.

In 5th it's 500 rpm per 10 mph, e.g. 3,000 @ 60 mph, again was really surprised by this, only seen this before in larger high torque motors (bearing in mind 'only' a 1.2L petrol). At about 3,500 rpm there seems to be a power step 'cause it starts to fly along ~ nevertheless will pull well from 2,000. (On the flat.)

One big feature of the Ford Scorpio was the excellent level of comfort ~ you could drive for hours and hours with no bum-ache. Amazingly the Clio is just as good ~ possibly even slightly better!

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steve Wright
Currently in Mike H025's garage:
Renault Clio III Ph2 facelift 1.2 16V 75 I-Music
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome