Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Spare Wheel And Run Flat Tyre Discussion

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 29th March 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I also have a 2004 Grand Scenic. It does not have a spare. It has its original Michelin Energy tyres. They are not run flat. In the boot floor compartment there is a small compressor and bottle of tyre sealant that you must use to inflate the punctured tyre. I actually found my compressor and sealant in the storeage compartment behind the drivers seat, but there is a place in the rear compartment of the boot and thats where it should be.

A spare wheel (space saver) or full size spare is an optional extra. You won't just be able to buy a wheel as if it did not originally come with a spare there will be no cage to hold the spare. You will have to fit this as well. Have a look under the car. Its obvious where the spare will go, mine has no cage.

After using the sealant you have to buy a replacement hose and sealant for compressor. The sealant gums up the hose.

Renault do offer a run flat system. They call it PAX, if you have it, you will have tyre sensors. When you had the puncture a shaded wheel should have appeared next to the relevant wheel on the little car display and Service should have appeared, also a warning message should have appeared on your display advising you of distance remaining until you must change tyre with an alternating Puncture repair tyre message. Cars with tyre sensors should also have a coloured ring on each valve. Wheels should not be interchanged. Also your wheel rims are different if you have have run flat tyres. I'm sure that the fitters would recognise not only the tyres but the rims.

Re being in stock, my Renault dealer had to order up the standard Michelins for my car when I required a replaement due to wear. Most replace with something cheaper.
Currently in pmf's garage:
2004 Renault Grand Scenic 1.9DCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome