Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio 1.2 16v Extreme Warm Start Problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th March 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Clio 1.2 16v Extreme Warm Start Problems

i recently bought an 02 clio second hand in september and it wasnt long before i noticed that the cruise contol light on the dash came on and i couldnt get it to go away. My clio doesnt have cruise control so the light shouldnt have been coming on in the 1st place.Renault had a look at it and they didnt know what the problem was so in the end the garage who i bought the clio off sent it to a garage they deal with who deal with dash boards and they had to take the whole dash off and do something with the electronics to set the light off.
now i have been having problems starting my car it starts ok from a cold start but if ive been driving it and i stop the car for a short period say 10-20 mins and then try and start the car again it doesnt start 1st time it turns over but it doesnt start and i just have to keep on trying to start it until it eventually does start.It is getting more of a problem cos sometimes it is taking a long time and lots of atemps to start it.
from reading various other post about clios with similar problems theyve all mentioned problems with idling in traffic and the low revs etc which i had noticed but didnt think it was connected.Also i have noticed a light green light on the right of the speedo coming on then off again but didnt take any notice of it cos it doesnt stay on but this is also mentioned in the other posts if it is the same light.
other problems ive noticed i had a friend look at the engine and he noticed that from a cold start the cooling fan was on from a cold start when he informed me that it should only come on when the engine is hot.
Also about three times now ive gone out to my car in the mornings and the batery has been dead and ive needed to jump start it.
Also the car is rather rattley which has been mentioned in posts!
any ideas?
Currently in alex_filmer's garage:
clio 1.2 16v extreme
  5 Lastest Threads by alex_filmer
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio 1.2 16v Extreme Warm Start Problems Clio boss1221 3 4673 30th March 2007 11:56 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome