Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Can someone PLEASE help a lady in distress?

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 30th March 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
my wife had said for a few days that her car wasn't right and a few days after that the emission control light had come on all the time. i got around to driving it latter that day and the idle was irratic and ran like a bag of nails. I knew straight away it would be one of the ht coils which cost around 40 to buy then its just a case of un-doing 1 x10mm bolt and swaping each in turn untill it runs correctly. The advise from this forum is to replace all the coils at the same time and i must agree as i have replace 4 singles over the past 12 months. i found a site on e-bay selling all 4 for 50 so thought i had nothing to loose and fitted them along with new plugs a couple of days ago. the car ran as normal straight away but the warning light stayed on. i think this must have been down to un-burnt fuel entering the exhaust. The light stayed on for a couple of more days untill she filled up with new fuel and its gone out. total cost 52+ 6 for the plugs. it would have cost me that just to get the light re-set. This is an easy job to do and rewarding when you dont have to cough up a couple of hundred quid. hope this is of some help
Currently in Rojoo0's garage:
2001 clio 1.4
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome