Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Broken door lock

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 29th April 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Broken door lock

I have a 57 plate Clio Campus. I like this model of Clio, easy to drive although not a lot of power. The only problem is that the single key operated lock (on the passenger door, the driver door on a left hand drive car) does not work. The central locking is fine, but I have no way of locking / unlocking if this goes belly up. It is seized. I squirted WD 40 into it and the whole mechanism turns through a whole turn rather than activating the locking / unlocking mechanism. I suspect that this doorlock has never been used by the previous owner in 6 years and it is corroded. How does the lock work? Can I put in a replacement mechanism or does it need to be coded to the car in some way? I just know that a dealer will want to replace everything they can at an enormous price which I am not willing to do.
Suggestions welcome before I get the spanners out!
Currently in goldflash650's garage:
2007 Clio Campus 1.2; 1974 Suzuki T500; 1968 BSA B40; 1922 Shanks Heavyweight lawnmower!
  5 Lastest Threads by goldflash650
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Broken door lock Bodywork goldflash650 0 543 29th April 2014 11:00 PM
Re: Rusty Engine Block - Clio Engines Dancingdad 12 2096 18th February 2014 09:00 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome