Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Service done :) But........

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 30th March 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Maybe they gave a 6 hour quote coz they might not have done the job before, but, I did the job myself on the drive without the special tool - took about four hours including bits and bobs that you pick up on the way plus bleeding the brakes. Needed a mate to help me lift up the axle once the job was done, needless to say it dropped off!! I tell you what was a complete bi**ch was the shocks lower bushes stuck with corrosion in the axle, had to jack the car higher and take the axle off with the shocks sticking up But once off everything went back with quality waterproof grease. Watch the arm and plastic swing arm for the ABS, could be broken very easily. Whilst the axle is off, exercise and lube the hand brake levers on the calipers, rotate them with a quality pair of grips. 200 squid - sounds about right really, they have a living to make and overheads that you and I don't have, after all I just had to wait for the weather

Regards and good luck

Currently in markorolo's garage:
Laguna 11 1.9dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome