Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna Immobiliser and VAS having a funny

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 31st March 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Exclamation Laguna Immobiliser and VAS having a funny

S Reg 1998 2.0 16v Estate

I really could do with some advice.

I was driving along today when the VAS started to say "Engine immobiliser fault, please consult handbook" Engine was running? I looked at the engine temperature and it was flucuating betwen 3/4 and off the scale.

I pulled over, turned the engine off and felt then engine, it was only luke warm as id only travelled 1mile at 30 mph from a cold start. I fired the car back up again, worked?? Travelled some 100 metres, VAS Activated again with immobilser fault and the engine temp gauge went off the scale.

I managed to get to my friends house and called the RAC who said it might be the sender unit or the ECU . He said the sender unit might be sending false reports back to the ECU which in turn if faulting out the immobilser.

Any help or advice would be appreciated as the garage charges £100+VAT just to hook up the ECU where as a new sender is £20.

P.S. Tried spare key incase battery was duff. NOPE still the same fault
Currently in RustyPlug's garage:
Renault Laguna 2.0l 16V Estate Full Pack

Last edited by RustyPlug; 31st March 2007 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Car Year
  5 Lastest Threads by RustyPlug
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna Immobiliser and VAS having a funny Electronics RustyPlug 7 1409 31st March 2007 11:18 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome