Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Grand Scenic 2.0ltr VVT Auto

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 9th December 2005
Andy R
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi, I have most of these options:

Climate pack - absolutely worth it. It senses when to turn the a/c on and off, and keeps the car at exactly the right temperature - fantastic.

Cabasse 4 x 40w upgrade - I don;t know what the basic unit is like, but this is very good. It's amazing how it stores 6 CDs in a standard size unit in the dashboard. We didn;t want to take up the under-seat drawer with a CD changer so went for this - very impressed.

Bi-Xenons: never had these before on any car but wouldn't have anything else now. They are soooo bright and make night driving a pleasure.

Cruise control - had this on a previous car - wouldn't be without it. The Scenic version also has a speed limiter so you can set to a max of 30 in 30 zones and the car won't exceed it - very useful.

We also had the heated seats - great. And, the other option I'd recommend is the opening rear tailgate. This is very useful if parked up in a limited space, or if you need to put some luggage in while towing anything.

We have 2 young children and the Grand Scenic is just fantastic for interior storage space and comfort. Our 1.9dci averages well over 40mpg too.

One or two niggly little things gone wrong like window seals not fitted properly, but overall I'm very impressed with it. We had a Vectra before and this has loads more room. Enjoy!

Originally Posted by rencar12
I'm trying to decide whether or not to order a new Grand Scenic 2.0ltr VVT Auto, so before deciding, wondered if people could help in any views of the 2.0ltr and the Auto plus the Grand Scenic in general - I absolutely want an automatic, but worry about some of the poor views on fuel consumption? As the Grand Scenic is heavier, and there isn't a 1.6ltr auto available, this is why I've gone for this version.

I've gone mad with the options list and had a few questions on these:

Climate Pack
Cabasse 4x40w Upgrade
Cruise Control
17" Nervasport Alloys

Is the upgraded stereo really any good?
Are the Bi-Xenons really worth having?
With regard to the tyre wear problem - does anyone know if they've resolved this problem on newer Scenics?

Great Forum - keep up the good work
Currently in Andy R's garage:
2005 Renault Scenic II 1.9dCi Privilege - not for much longer though!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome