Car featured - Espace 1994.
Rear door won't open - handle's gone all loose and floppy.
Viagra won't help, so here's the fix.
1. Remove the cover that goes over the rear windreen wiper motor. (pic 1)
2. Remove the interior handle on the inside of the door (torx screws). (Pic 2)
3. Remove the trim by gently
pulling, and finding the little plastic poppers that go all the way around it.
4. Remove the plastic liner to gain access to the inside of the door panel. (Pic 3).
5. You'll see 2 rods that come from either end, and join onto the handle mechanism. Either use pliers to pull them both into the centre, or if it's loose enough, just push downwards on the door release mechanism at the most pointed end. (Pic 4). With a little push on the door, it should now open. (Pic 5).
6. The prime culprit in this mini disaster is usually a little plastic piece that connects the handle and the locking mechanism. (Pic 6). A quick trip to the scrappy will usually turn up what you want. All that holds the broken bit of plastic on is a small circlip.
7. Repeat removal stages backwards to refit the bits. Et - voila!