Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - scenic alarm problem?

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10th December 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
To Gogslad.

I`ve tried this morning to adjust the donnet stops but didn`t make a lot of difference so i removed the sensor for a closer look and found that one of the wires wasn`t crimped properly in the connecter. I managed to remove the connecter and solder the wire back on. refitted the sensor,then adjusted the bonnet stops to get the bonnet level with the front valance and then stuck a hard rubber stick on foot(like the ones used to stop the wife`s worktop from being scratched) on to the unberside of the bonnet, did some alarm tests and it seems to be working o/k, but time will tell.

Thanks also for the advice about the hands free fault. I rang the local mr renault this morning and asked about booking the car in for repair but they are fully booked until after xmas!!!!plus it`s a hassle taking the car in and having to walk home and walk back to pick it up.
I`m a electrician(industrial) by trade and would like the chance to identify the fault myself but I don`t know where thecontrol box is.Is there anyone out there who can help please.Many thanks once again for your help and amerry xmas to all.
Currently in geecee's garage:
2003 scenic 1.9dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome