Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - hot tyre / brake - causing pulling / judder...

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th May 2014 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
hot tyre / brake - causing pulling / judder...

hi all,

i'll try to be brief...

so, after 2-3hrs motorway driving, the steering wheel suddenly started vibrating and under braking the car pulled violently to one side.

flat tyre or missing wheel weight was my initial thought.

cycling through the OBC the o/s front tyre was showing 2.8 bar pressure (usually maintained between 2.1-2.3). upon stopping i could smell / see / feel the heat from the disc / caliper, and subsequently, assumed that this increase in temperature was causing localised increase in pressure.

i sat for 10-15min wondering what to do, then decided to let some air out of the tyre in question. i noted that the disc was heavily scored in 4-5 places and assumed either a stuck piston and / or foreign object stuck behind.

in moving the car to a 'better' position in watford gap services, it suddenly seemed to steer / brake as normal, so i continued a little further on the journey and yes, it seemed to have mysteriously self corrected???

i would like to / need to know the cause!

incidentally, my car is on over 260k miles, and is on a 2nd clutch. the pedal is losing a little firmness and is showing all the signs of when the clutch "went" first time.

could the clutch failing have any bearing on the braking issue described above - do they share fluids that may have boiled away?

thank in advance, sorry for long post!
Currently in dibbers's garage:
Laguna II Ph2 2.0dCi 175bhp GT SportTourer - back in the fold!
  5 Lastest Threads by dibbers
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
M9R, laguna 150 / 173 versions, difference?? General tuning dibbers 0 39 19th October 2016 03:49 PM
Loose pipe on a Lag2GT M9R - what is it! Engines Ralph 3 117 9th October 2016 05:23 PM
Lag2b DVD Nav "out of range" Electronics dibbers 0 412 14th January 2016 06:16 PM
hello, back again... Welcome to RenaultForums ours2012 5 496 24th October 2015 11:14 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome