Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - I have a few questions

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 1st April 2007 Thread Starter
Circle 7
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
H Circle7, When replacing airbag systems it is vital all components be replaced by a competent and trained technician as airbags are classified as explosive devices and if activated accidently can cause severe injury or death. As a matter of interest what activated the airbag in the first place. The postage and carriage on airbags can be very expensive due to their classification and not all carriers are licensed to transport such items. In the interest of your safety and for the safety of others I strongly recommend that you have any repairs to the airbag system carried out by an authorised dealer.

To be honest. I didnt know that. The airbag is coming in normal post as far as I am aware. I certainly dont think its classification as an explosive device is widely known, thats for sure. I will be replacing the sensor too, and was going to fit the equipment with the car powered down anyway. I have a friend in a Renault dealership. I think I may have a word with him about fitting it. It was activated by a side swipe on the drivers side.

Thanks for the info,

Currently in Circle 7's garage:
2003 Clio Diesel

Last edited by Circle 7; 1st April 2007 at 03:09 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome