Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic sunroof problem

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10th December 2005
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by GraemeNZ

I have a 1998 Renault Scenic with the twin sunroofs. They both work fine apart from the front sunroof won't quite close on one side.

The small sliding quadrant which pulls the back of the roof down from the vent position doesn't move on the passengers side.

It appears to be stuck and it I have tried to shut it by driving it forward with a screwdriver but it is locked up.

The local agent and the Haynes manual say they are not servicable and even worse I think they come as a pair. The local NZ agent said they have replaced one under warranty but the price of the unit was around NZ$5000 - more than the value of the car!

Anyone had this problem?

I have the same problem with my 1998 Scenic Megane. Having given it a superficial look my dealer wants 50 to have a proper look which would require the car to be kept for a day and can't give me a quote for the work until he has had a proper look. I find it hard to believe that a Renault garage would not be aware of this problem and be able to offer an estimate of what it would cost to put right.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome