Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault 5 - Electric/Engine Warning Light means?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 1st April 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault 5 - Electric/Engine Warning Light means?

Hi all,

I'm the mechanic for my son's Renault 5 - a 1.4 1985 (B-Reg) automatic model - and it's going great. Except that the engine electrics warning light occasionally comes on and seems to put the car into 'limp' mode. There seems to be no pattern to it, hot or cold, stationary, slow or fast, night or day.

I've searched this forum and the internet in general with no great success. The Haynes manual doesn't provide specific help either, so I'm at a loss on what to do next. The manual mentions a diagnostic plug, but I couldn't find it. Is there a diagnostic plug somewhere and could/should a Renault garage be able to diagnose using it? The car is so old it probably precedes most computers... Or is there a known regular fix for this that's so obvious nobody bothers to mention it?

I'm happy to do the repair once I found out what is (or it thinks is) wrong, but replacing things at random is perhaps not the best approach!

Any help gratefully received.

Currently in ianro's garage:
1986 Renault 5 1.4

Last edited by ianro; 1st April 2007 at 10:35 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by ianro
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault 5 - Electric/Engine Warning Light means? Electronics ottoman 1 940 1st April 2007 10:34 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome