Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Can't fill the petrol tank!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2nd April 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Can't fill the petrol tank!

Man my clio seems to be having it's fair share of problems this year. It has only done 38, 000 miles and now the latest hassle is that I cannot fill it with petrol. First the petrol gauge wouldn't register the amount and then when I went to the gas station it kept clicking off as if it was full.
I have had the breather lines checked, the sender unit checked, the petrol funnel part? replaced and the whole tank taken off and checked yet it still won't let me fill it up. I did get lucky after the petrol tank had been put back and it let me put £20 in which let the gauge go up to around 3/4 tank. When I thought I would double check and fill it up the rest of the way it wouldn't let me at all.

So......could it be the gauge is wrong and it was full after all.....or is there a blockage somewhere. Could it be something to do with the metal flap like the one near the petrol cap sticking? One thing I did notice is that every time I have tried to fill up with petrol the gauge immediately drops down to empty and takes ages to register the correct amount, but then I don't trust the gauge anymore but the mechanic said that he had tested that and it registered fine. Please please help because this guy is really doing me a lot of favours to avoid me having to go and pay for an expensive diagnostic test at renault, which I just can't afford right now but I am having no luck!!!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and WAKE UP!!!
Currently in yankeegal51's garage:
renault clio

Last edited by yankeegal51; 2nd April 2007 at 07:34 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by yankeegal51
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
1999 clio immobiliser Electronics martink 4 2001 16th March 2011 09:28 PM
clio 1.2 petrol 1999 heater/blower Heating & cooling yankeegal51 2 1822 1st June 2010 08:10 PM
Renault Clio II - Interiors - replacing window... Interiors yankeegal51 7 2154 2nd July 2007 08:38 PM
front seat runners (passenger) Cars & motoring chris m 11 2509 19th June 2007 08:27 PM
Can't fill the petrol tank! Cars & motoring yankeegal51 6 1978 2nd April 2007 07:25 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome