Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What I hate about driving...

View Single Post
post #57 of (permalink) Old 12th December 2005
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to Benny
My pet hate about modern driving? The cost

MLMs annoy me, but I've got to the point where I just slide past them in whichever lane is clear. I know it's technically illegal, but if I'm on a deserted motorway, and I've just driven the last six miles in the left hand lane...I'll be damned if I'm moving.

The BMW drivers thing is a stereotype that fits - I don't think it's ALL BMW drivers, but the sort of Alpha Male that the "Ultimate Driving Machine" is designed to appeal to. Never have a problem with any of the M-versions, usually only the poverty-spec 4-pot owners who feel the need to prove themselves.

Paxos at the lights are always funny too. I know it's immature, but sometimes it has to be done. Long, straight, dry road...1.1 tinbox in the lane next to me...the scent of their engine running rich due to the leaking K&N 57i wedged under their bonnet...always trying to show off to the girl in the passenger seat, so when they see a big, green estate they think nothing of it. Always amusing when they catch up some time later and stare at the badge as they try to work out what just's called torque, son.

Uhh...GATSOs, for the obvious reason. If I get caught by a policeman, fair enough...but GATSOs just aren't cricket!

Surrey council, for consistently failing to grit the roads when they need gritting.

The M25, obviously.

My girlfriend's consistent ability to completely misread maps, sending us on weird and wonderful 20-mile detours.

"Warning Light Russian Roulette". A new light! What does it mean? Is it serious? Who knows!

Currently in Benny's garage:
His other half up the wall
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome