Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 98 Espace windows and central locking

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2nd April 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
98 Espace windows and central locking

I have a 98 Espace . A few weeks ago the central locking failed on the drivers door. I removed the door card and applied power to the door lock, the door locked. I then reversed polarity and it unlocked? All other locks are fine. I attached an additional earth to the lock, it now locks but will only unlock manually from inside.

Yesterday the drivers electric window failed. I removed the door card( I am an expert at doing this now!) and applied current to the motor and it closed (could not believe there was not a manual method to close it!!!)

When I used the switch I herd a click coming from the fuse bank on the passenger side (relay?) Later that day both windows worked then failed. The following morning they worked then failed again.

Any ideas anyone? Are the problems related? Is there a relay for the electric windows?

Currently in eagle8's garage:
1998 espace 2.0 rtx auto
  5 Lastest Threads by eagle8
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
central locking problems Espace mk 3 Electronics mord 1 1262 24th February 2010 04:33 PM
Renault Espace 2.2DCi 140 Dynamique Cars & motoring eagle8 24 2992 9th January 2008 03:00 PM
98 Espace windows and central locking Electronics eagle8 6 2089 2nd April 2007 11:27 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome