Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Scenic II - Window Regulator Brackets/Clips

View Single Post
post #102 of (permalink) Old 10th May 2014
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault - Scenic II - Window Regulator Brackets/Clips

Thanks. You saved me some big bucks.
I closed my door and heard a sharp snapping sound - thought I had caught the seat belt in the door so opened the door, and the window fell down! Panic! After pulling the door apart, i found the wires on the regulator dangling, so took out the whole regulator mech and found out that the white plastic window grip had sheard in two. My first digs on the internet let me to some scary repair prices, but also some new clips on ebay to diy. I took this option. 10 all in for parts delivered to my door. Tried to fathom how to put the thing back together, but was struggling. Found a video on youtube about an irish guy who was fixing his by replacing his full regulator mech, so I was trying to compare my broken one against his video of his new one, but I still couldnt get it to fit. I then found this great forum and description on how to re-assemble the part (mine was a grand scenic, but this description says it was for a scenic II, but it appeared the same from the reading).
I found the trickiest bits, feeding the wires throught and bolting the motor back in place, without letting go of the wires, and secondly, getting the cable through the round pulley at the top - but it was all worth the effort - needle nose pliers were defintaly required for the last bit. Saved me big bucks which I could defo have done without at the mo after having wiring harness for front windows, and new dash recently replaced aswell! Seems to be one thing after another with this car, so glad I could save some money. Thanks once again to everyone for their help.
Currently in bootlegger's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome