Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - upgrading the radio in my 1998 scenic

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th April 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question upgrading the radio in my 1998 scenic

Hi there i have never posted on this site before but then i have only recently aquired my scenic, so here goes. I had a radio cassette player (phillips make) in my car and wanted to put a cd changer in it but the connections were not there (not available on my model) so i went to buy another unit with the connections present (turned out the only one available was a renault phillips cd player unit, a bonus i thought) however when i went to put it in, the 2 main connections fitted (black and white, and the blue one for the cd changer fitted, but the long (rectangular) black one that connected what i assume to be the dash and steering wheel control did not. The connection for the new cd radio is square and yellow. I do not even know if it is indeed possible to connect a new cd player to a scenic that was fitted with an old one or not hopefully you can help. I await your responses in anticipation.....
Currently in mrdavidelliott's garage:
1998 Renault Scenic 1.9 DT
  5 Lastest Threads by mrdavidelliott
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Radio cassette - CD Changer Problems Electronics Goldie 11 3438 18th September 2007 03:18 PM
upgrading the radio in my 1998 scenic Electronics mrdavidelliott 4 1145 4th April 2007 12:44 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome