Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Sticking Accelerator Pedal*fixed*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th April 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Scenic - Sticking Accelerator Pedal*fixed*

Does anyone know why my accelerator pedal might have started sticking when I first start up my Renault Megane Scenic?

I got my cam belt replaced a week or so ago, and when I picked it up I noticed that the rev counter was jumping when the car was in a stationery position. Took it back to the garage and they changed a spark plug, and this sorted out the jumping rev counter. But when we picked it up, we noticed that the accelerator pedal was sticky. It has never been sticky before.

Then when I started it a couple of days ago the accelerator pedal was completely stuck. I fiddled around with it (not very scientific I know) - lifting it up and wobbling it with my hand, and it then kicked in. Since then the same problem has occurred four times. I have taken it back to the garage for them to look at it, but they didn't think that it had been caused by anything they had done when the idle was fixed. Odd that!

Really grateful if anyone could let me know why they think the accelerator pedal might be sticking. The car is a Renault Megane Scenic 1997 Automatic.

5 Lastest Threads by rupert10
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Megane Scenic won't start Engines cph1984 4 5698 27th January 2010 09:07 PM
Scenic 1997 - exhaust system and silencer Exhausts rupert10 2 1130 18th March 2008 01:41 PM
Renault Scenic - Sticking Accelerator Pedal*fixed* Scenic rupert10 5 9842 5th April 2007 07:48 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome