Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Toyota Auris New Clutch

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th May 2014 Thread Starter
Banned User
Curveball Champion
Nominated 9 Times in 16 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 10
Thanked 3,511 Times in 2,879 Posts
Toyota Auris New Clutch

While I was away on my jollies a couple of weeks back I was parked up in a car park which had rather a steep incline. The car had been there for approx 40 - 50 mins

On our return I had to reverse up this slope, after hitting the biting point on the clutch my OH myself & our Daughter could hear a sort of moaning noise which was accompanied by a sort of chattering metallic noise I got my Daughter to record this noise on my phone.

Today because I was passing through Stafford I called in at the same Toyota dealership where the car came from, I explained what had happened & played back the recording, without any hesitation, or seeing, or going out to the car, the Service manager booked the car in for a complete new clutch to be fitted next Wednesday. bl00dy hell, double was I.

Amazingly this noise hasn't re-occurred since, even though under similar situations I've done my damnedest best to try to induce it, the bite point & pressure on the clutch seems very normal, the clutch most definitely isn't slipping, in fact, if I was still in the market for another car, and saw this car for sale on a forecourt I'd be more than prepared buy it.

I'm hoping Toyota customer service remains the same forever

I'd love to know & I'll probably ask, how many pictures of the Queen this would that have cost me had I have been paying ????
Currently in hondo's garage:
1.6 Valve-Matic SR. Red hot, toasty feet.
  5 Lastest Threads by hondo
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Anyone fancy parting with 50k General Chat Alpineandy 4 316 16th February 2016 11:23 PM
Massive Zit General Chat Phil48 14 489 10th February 2016 12:26 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome