Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Scenic II - Window Regulator Brackets/Clips

View Single Post
post #104 of (permalink) Old 18th May 2014
Honorary Yorkshireman just in Derbyshire
Nominated 19 Times in 15 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,292 Posts
Re: Renault - Scenic II - Window Regulator Brackets/Clips

Originally Posted by Shades47 View Post
i cannot get the window to close without it moving just a couple of inches at a time. I've tried using the method of holding down the button for five seconds when closing and opening the window, but to no avail. The window will go down with one touch, but stops a couple of inches short, then i have to manually push the button again to get it to go to the bottom.
Not quite, The holding of the button should be done when the window gets to the top. I.E. inch it ALL the way down till it stops then immediately inch it up till it stops, THEN HOLD. If it still fails then you have a sticky section of the runners & it "thinks" it has hit the top when it ain't.

Regards Tim,
You are only young once, but you can be immature forever
Give a n00b the answer he will be learn for a day; show him the search button, he will learn for life.
Currently in Nottnoc's garage:
2008 Scenic Mk2 Dynamique 1.6 K4M 782. 1998 BMW K1100LTSE, 1994 MotoGuzzi Caifornia 3 LAPD, 1972 Norton Commando, 2010 Trafic SL29 M9R782 115, Lots of tools, Camping Gear & Booze

Last edited by hondo; 18th May 2014 at 07:43 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome