Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Deactivate seat belt warning alarm

View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 5th April 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
I would like to express a personal opinion on the matter of jen wanting to disarm the seatbelt warning device. It appears he/she is determined to have his/her own way on the matter. In this situation I don't feel this forum should be used to aid a person to disable what after all is a safety device and as far as I can see he/she hasn't given what appears to be a valid reason despit being asked to do so. I for one will not be giving him'her any more of my advice - full stop.
I can undestand how you see it Madnoel.

because someone has not needed a reminder in 20 years of motoring does not really make sense, I have not needed airbags in my lifetime of motoring or ABS or seat belt tensioners, or crumple zones, and the many other passive and active safety systems fitted to the cars of today.... But their is no way I would switch them off or disable them in any way.... If I ever have the misfortune to require them I want them all to be fully functioning and able to deploy without any hindrance. .. They save lives and I feel if you are not using them you are putting not only yourself but other people at risk.

How many times have we read in the press about lives being lost because smoke alarms in houses have had the batterys removed or the alarms removed completely.

I along with Madnoel will not be offering any assistance to another Member who wishes to disable any passive or active safety device.

Last edited by ottoman; 5th April 2007 at 05:39 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome