Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - ABS Sensor Replacement

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 5th April 2007
chris m
Let's be carefull out there
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Send a message via MSN to chris m
Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
If you have applied as much heat as you say you've probably fried it anyway. And the metal in the hub will probably have suffered as well. The metal in bearings is much harder than the metal in the hub so it probably "furbard now". Any decent workshop can take these bearings in at out easily - done it loads of times - it takes a little patience and the right setting in the press to get it right - unless someone before you has butchered it up with a big hammer. In all honesty I wouldn't let my dog drive the vehicle without replacing the hub carrier first.
when I had to do bearings I got a 2nd hand hub from a scrappy and had a friendly local garage fit a new bearing using a press, cost a pint (well 10 inc bearing), now I have the old hubs in case I need to do it again.

Ug, if you can take some photos of the ABS ring and assembly etc. I will add them to the Clio FAQ as I put a "how to" up in there re Mk1 wheel bearings and I can edit them in.

Currently in chris m's garage:
2000 Scenic 2.0 16v Monaco, BMW 3 Series, Pug 206
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome