Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Seriously bad vibrations...

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 19th May 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Exclamation Re: Seriously bad vibrations...

Hi guys and girls,
I can report back now that the inner track rod and track rod ends being replaced has remedied the situation with the steering wheel bouncing under braking, I don't believe the discs or pads need changing, they haven't long been done!

In other news, the second half to my problem which I wanted to ask about is that when accelerating without my hands on the wheel, the car will pull to the right, however the steering wheel goes light to the left. Say I was holding the steering wheel in my left hand, if i put my foot down, to continue going in a straight line the steering wheel will go soft on the left and have to hold the wheel on a left facing angle to maintain a straight travel. Now the tracking has been done 3 times this weekend and I can feel the wheels are true now. I was jut wondering if the mechanic is onto something by saying the steering rack has play in it or could it be as something as simple as a bush or more concerning power steering pump or box thing?
Appreciate your help in advance guys!
Currently in Adam10's garage:
2.0 GT DCi 150
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome