Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 2 phase 2 Estate tail gate wont lock

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th May 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna 2 phase 2 Estate tail gate wont lock

The tail gate on my 2006 Laguna 2 Ph 2 Estate will not lock either by the key or by the switch inside the car. If I manually throw the lock using a pen knife or screwdriver then the switch on the tailgate will open the lock, therefore the solenoid is working, but the key will not open the manually locked lock (hope this makes sense). All other doors lock and unlock fine, I think but am not sure that the lock was intermittent before it finally stopped locking. Also if it helps when the car is set to be locked and I open the tailgate using either of the tailgate handles I.e. rear window only or complete tailgate, the alarm sounds as you would expect. But if I leave it for some time (not sure how long but def overnight), if I open the tailgate, the alarm does not sound.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what to look at, my local non authorised garage tell me that no errors show on the diagnostics, and I can not afford to take it to a main dealer.

Many thanks
Currently in Prospidnick's garage:
06 Laguna Grandtourer, 14 Opel 1.2 Corsa, 94 Mitsubishi Delica 2.8 Super Exceed 4x4, 84 Suzuki GP125, 90 Suzuki GSXR750
  5 Lastest Threads by Prospidnick
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna 2 phase 2 Estate tail gate wont lock Bodywork Prospidnick 4 1034 19th May 2014 08:55 AM
Laguna II Phase II Xenon swap problem Electronics Horatio 1 1237 8th November 2010 11:48 AM
Laguna II Phase II Badge Bodywork mord 3 1241 20th June 2010 05:13 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome