Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - upgrading the radio in my 1998 scenic

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 5th April 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Things are never as simple as you hope...

Well i tried what you suggested and unfortunately it did not work out as planned. The back light came up and nothing, no 0000 no CODE nothing. SO in light of this i went to the local scrap dealers in the hope of buying the whole wiring loom for behind the dash (successfull i might add ), and also managed to purchase the stereo and dash display all from the same car (this stereo was cassette but had tuner list so was able to accept cd changer unit), I got home feeling all chuffed with myself only to find out that after installing all the hardware that the code i was given with the stereo was not working and the scrap dealer did not have any other codes for it, d'oh.

so my answer to you now is can you either come up with an answer to the cd player not coming up on the dash display or can anyone help me with a code for the attached stereo... I would really appreciate any help you could provide.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	renault radio.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	2774  
Currently in mrdavidelliott's garage:
1998 Renault Scenic 1.9 DT
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome