Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Headlight Washers Espace

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 6th April 2007 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Looking back at this after a couple of weeks of investigation you probably all think I'm crackers - but come on there must be plenty of you out there who have also experienced the dreaded dripping under the headlight washers.

Any way to bring you up to dat if you are interested:

The filler cap to bottle was broken (you can buy a replacement filler neck for the espace for £2 from renault !!!). However this was ony part of the problem - I sikaflexed the original one which at the moment has sealed it.

However leak still present when topping up to the brim. The leak was coming from the top of the headlight washers. On the espace they are plastic and it is where they slide up onoperation. Fidling with the washer jets e.g. pulling them up and down a few times and also adding a stronger concentration of windscreen wash seems to have cured the problem. Obviously before, the dripping stopped when the level of the reservoir went below the top part of the headlight washers where the 'piston' rises.

My conclusion is that the seals where the jets pop up and own are a bit tired and the extra viscosity of the screen wash and massaging them with my fiddlin (sorry about that) has worked - but I'm sure it will only be for a period.

I can't believe I have got so embroiled in something that is so trivial, but I do like to try and get to the bottom of a broblem.
Currently in ns.thomson's garage:
Rover in Garage, Grande Espace 2.2 Initiale on Drive
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome