Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 2 Grinding Noise

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd May 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna 2 Grinding Noise

Hello everyone,
I hope some one can help me with a new problem my laguna has developed.
I am driving a 1.6 2001 Laguna 2 Ph1. The car has developed a grinding noise while turning right only. I have confirmed this by driving the car in circles to the left and right. It starts to happen when the steering is at a position required for a right hand turn at a T-junction, or when at full lock. I have checked, and topped up the PAS fluid, the fan belt is new, the alternator is new-ish. The PAS pump had a slight leak but a bottle of Lucas PAS fluid seems to have fixed that a long time ago. The drivers side complete driveshaft has been replaced, but not the support bearing. I plan on taking the fan belt off and doing more circles. Hopefully by eliminating the alternator and PAS pump I might get closer to some solution. If anyone has any ideas, or suggestions, I liked to hear them.
Thanks for any help....
Currently in stuey's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.6
  5 Lastest Threads by stuey
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Possible Power Steering Pump Problem Steering and Suspension stuey 2 231 2nd February 2016 02:57 PM
Laguna 2 1.6 Air Con Compressor Pulley Heating & cooling stuey 0 308 23rd December 2015 07:28 PM
Laguna 2 Grinding Noise Brakes/Hubs johnboyw 1 676 22nd May 2014 07:49 AM
Laguna II Dynamique Seats Interiors excavator 1 722 17th June 2013 05:44 PM
Rear Axle Alignment Steering and Suspension stuey 0 949 9th October 2012 12:45 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome