Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electronic Parking Brake Fault Fixed

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 22nd May 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hello a friend of mine bought a renault megane sw with carminat tom tom and the bar on the lower side of screen not shows, we not know in wich tune is per example... And when we touch the keys of the radio nothing appears on the screen, only the map and information of navigation..
Any help??
Thank you!

You may be correct with that observation.
My auto electrician commented on the fact that a lot of modern cars are being affected by these wire corrosion problems, Does not occur in older models apparently!
It would suggest low grade copper is being used, with a higher level of impurities, which would account for corrosion 'cells' occurring and progressively worsening at points of higher resistance.
The inner wire of my problem cable was ripe with verdigris and just crumbled to the touch when the outer sheath was removed, although there was no obvious damage to the sheath.
Another tip. The weak structure of the core wire will help with locating a badly corroded problem area as it fails when manipulated, and the wire will behave differently from other similar sizes in the bundle.
Or you can always trade down for an older more reliable model!

Yup ama
Currently in Axvr's garage:
2005 Renault Laguna 2 2.0T
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome