Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace brake light out

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 9th April 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Definately did the right thing there - the trim is quite difficult to remove and the clips are prone to break. Just thought afterwards, although I am DIY minded, I am by no means an expert on these Espace's (only had phase iv about a month) and should be careful giving out advice - and was glad you were not replying to say your boot trim was in bits. Sounds like you have a good dealer.

The dealer I bought my car from has been brilliant (Harrots in Wakefield), but are 70 miles away. The reason I got to find out about the trim was I had to replace the whole brake light unit due to a leak into the boot. Due to the distance Harrots paid for the replacement parts + a bit for the trouble of fitting it - which they did'nt have to do. This was better than making 1 or 2 return trips to have it tested and then parts ordered. Leak

Mine is going in tomorrow for recall on the clutch master cylinder (local dealer this time - Sunwin Renault Preston).
Currently in ns.thomson's garage:
Rover in Garage, Grande Espace 2.2 Initiale on Drive
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome