Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Sunroof wind deflector

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 27th May 2014 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 3 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Sunroof wind deflector

Originally Posted by Big Dav View Post
I have seen a video clip of an Espace in a showroom showing the panoramic roof in the open position. The momentary footage as the camera pans shows what appears to be a perspex spoiler in the "up" position at the leading edge of the open roof. The size suggests it would fold flat across the header rail beneath the closed roof glass panel.

My mk1 Laguna had a similar feature in the sunroof mechanism which got stuck and failed to lift one time - a clean and oiling sorted it.

features the Espace clip, in particular about 26seconds and 48seconds in.
Originally Posted by Ian Jones View Post
on my espace there is a tennis net type thing that folds up and cuts out a lot of the wind noise
Hi Big Dav and Ian

Thanks for your replies. I've looked at the youtube video, and can see what you mean. At the leading edge of my roof, is a blade that lifts as the roof opens, but is only about two inches deep. This means that the wind passes underneath causing the noise. There would appear to be something missing, so a trawl of the interweb is needed. Thanks again for you help.

Currently in Keithwalker's garage:
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDI Executive
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome