Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace Problems

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10th April 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Sorry for not getting back to the forum before now, but have only just had chance to check things out over Easter!

Got to the digital display OK by the method described thanks (very easy!!), there weren't any bulbs out, but played about with contacts on bulbs and connectors to get them to grip better, and initially got them all to work, but after a day or two they started playing up again - they were fine in the morning when the atmostphere was damp, but as it dryed out towards the afternoon - the lights went out again!

I took the front seats out and checked the wiring connectors, but everything seemed OK there, but made sure they had good contacts just in case (although, a previous owner must have already had problems, as the connector had been removed under the passenger seat, and the 2 wires had been soldered back together) - no change on the display though!

Also checked the brake fluid level, and that is also OK.

There is a new development though, and that is the speedo stopped working on Sunday, after returning to the car which was just parked up after a day out - and now not even the damp morning atmostphere makes a difference to the display's bulbs (it was quite hot on Sunday inside the car, don't know if that had anything to do with it)!!

So just to summarise; I have 4 bulbs not illuminating on the dash display, the airbag warning light and 'service' come on after 'OK' on start-up, the ABS red warning light and 'STOP' come on during journeys and the speedo reads '0' all the time - what joy!

I'm starting to wonder whether all the problems could be down to the circuitry/connectors of the digital display itself as the writer of the last post has suggested, or if multiple ECU 's are failing, as I can't see that all the mechanical problems that these warning lights indicate could arise at the same time - has anybody repaired or replaced the circuitry on the display before to correct these sort of problems, or has anybody got any other ideas??
Currently in Smozz's garage:
2005 (54) Renault Espace 2.2DCI Expression Auto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome