Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna I - Phase 2 - Bodywork - Bonnet opening problems !

View Single Post
post #28 of (permalink) Old 28th May 2014
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna I - Phase 2 - Bodywork - Bonnet opening problems !

Originally Posted by ~Rob View Post
Mines been like this a while. I need to get a new cable from Renault as the plastic clip at the right side has broken so it doesn't pull the joining cable across.
I had exactly the same problem with my old Lag, phoned up the local dealer about the price of a new part, it went something like this

"that will be 120 for both catches sir"

"HOW MUCH??? for two bits of plastic??"

"I'm afraid you have to buy the complete catch we don't sell the plastic bits on their own"

"B*******s to that, that's 2 month's worth of beer"

so I decided to make my own, a couple of hours later using a hacksaw a couple of drills and a couple of files I came up with this

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0571.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	47489

It's not identical but it doesn't need to be, I used steel because I had some lying around but aluminium would be just as good and easier to work, I made 4 in total to use on my 2 old Lag's 3 have been fitted and work perfectly I'm just waiting for the last plastic one to break before fitting this one but the best part was not having to hand over my beer money to the dealer
Currently in Zool's garage:
85 R11GTX - 94 Laguna 2.2RXE - 98 Laguna 2.2RXT
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome