Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II warning Light Problem

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10th April 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Warning Light Problem

Thanks for the responses,

I phoned Renault today as I have a longish journey on Thursday and didn't really fancy breaking down far from home.

After a great deal of discussion it would appear to be caused by a misfire over a short period time that has actived the fume filter warning light, the misfire causing an unsavoury cocktail of fumes (smelling of rotten eggs), I remember this about a week ago - smell lasted about five minutes. Misfire seems to be intermittent and an indication that some servicing might be appropriate, even though there is still 6k miles remaining before next service interval.

The light in question would apear to have several functions depending on whether it flashes or illuminates permanently.

Renault have offered to reset the light for 45 or I can hang off until service time and have it reset then as part of the service.

I will probably get it reset, as once they have connected it the laptop all checks will come up and if anything more serious appears I'll know about then.

Thanks again - apologies about posting this on my welcome post as opposed to the correct forum.
Currently in splinter's garage:
Renault Laguna II 1.8 Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome