Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - HELP espace dead at the garage, now car less!!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th May 2014 Thread Starter
Ian Jones
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry HELP espace dead at the garage, now car less!!

Hi all

I have taken my espace into a garage to find a fault with the air con.

the first time it went in, they said it could be the pressure sensor or poss the air con ecu .

I had the pressure sensor changed, but the air con still did not work, so they ordered in a air con ecu for me.

It went back in to have the ecu fitted and set up, but the tech there said the pressure sensor was still reading wrong, and even with a new ecu it would not work.

I re booked the car in with them for a two hour diagnostic check to see why the sensor was reading wrong, they thought it would be a corroded wire somewhere.

I have a phone call from them today saying that the car is dead.

The tech took the battery out to get to the loom under it to check, and check the fuse etc, when he put the battery back in, the car is dead.

The key card does not work to unlock or lock the doors, or start the car, the dash does not light up at all.

He thinks it could be the card reader ecu thing under the dash.

I feel that the car went in fully working apart from the aircon and I wanted them to fix this, not it has a massive problem with a very large bill looking like it might come my way.

the garage said they have not done anything that could cause the fault and is just one of them things.

Where do I stand with this, are they liable to fix it as it was working when I took the car in, or is it up to me to foot the bill?

Currently in Ian Jones's garage:
espace IV initiale 2.0 dci 175
  5 Lastest Threads by Ian Jones
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
16-25 deg same temp, 26 deg C hot air?? Electronics Ian Jones 4 688 12th June 2014 11:21 AM
HELP espace dead at the garage, now car less!! Cars & motoring DrRog 20 2469 30th May 2014 05:33 PM
air con pressure sensor reading wrong Electronics johnboyw 1 707 27th May 2014 04:00 PM
code crossing numbers with part numbers?? Electronics Ian Jones 5 1047 10th May 2014 11:19 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome