Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - HELP espace dead at the garage, now car less!!

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 30th May 2014
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,201 Times in 4,712 Posts
Re: HELP espace dead at the garage, now car less!!

As things stand at present have you any proof that the garage was responsible for what has happened?

In this instance the undelrying fault may have already been there but only chose to raise it's ugly head once diagnostic or repair work started.

To gather evidence would mean you would have to get an indpendent expert inspection and report (meaning more money).

Obviously there is an electrcial problem which would need further investigation.

As already said just because something goes wrong whilst it is in their garage doesn't necessarily mean they caused the fault.

I remember many years ago prior to doing a pre-mot check on a car I gave a quick walk around whilst it was sitting on the street before bringing it into the garage. It was then I noticed one soft tyre and heard a faint hiss and on investigation discovered a nail in the side wall of the tyre. When the customer came to collect the car I advised him he would need a new tyre before submitting the car for it's MOT test. He then started to rant and rave swearing blind that I had caused the problem, I could have got him as tyre at trade price but due to his attitude I conveniently forgot.
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
The Following User Says Thank You to madnoel10 For This Useful Post:
Ian Jones (31st May 2014)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome