Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - HELP espace dead at the garage, now car less!!

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 31st May 2014 Thread Starter
Ian Jones
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: HELP espace dead at the garage, now car less!!

Originally Posted by DrRog View Post

Serious sympathy.

It does matter that its a Renault dealer. As posted in my recent thread Halfords won't fit a battery to an Espace as they tend not to start afterwards.

If it was any old mechanic he may have come a cropper by working on the battery. A Renault dealer should be aware of the tricks and get it right. If he is and has evidence he is following the manual then you are just plain unlucky.

What I have learnt from my sorry experience is that these are very complex cars but its not magic, they should be able to trace the problem quickly and rectify it for you. If they don't then they are not trying hard enough and failing to use the manual properly or failing to use the Renault technical help line enough.

Have they go the spare key-card?

Good luck.
im going to take the spare key card into them on monday.
When the start button is pressed, nothing happens, no lights on the dash etc, key put into the holder, nothing again.
there is no light to the start button and the key card lights up when pressed, but it does not lock/unlock the doors etc

Currently in Ian Jones's garage:
espace IV initiale 2.0 dci 175
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome