Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio RXE 1998 - Alarm & central locking

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11th April 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks Chris for that explanation!!! Clears things up for me, and my son thought it was SO cool when I demonstrated on the DVD remote.....

Anyways, I wasn't sure if I had seen a light a couple of times, as I say its quite difficult to press the button and know its activated the light.

sometimes the camera was picking up a red signal even through the dome by the blade (which is where I thought you meant) and a couple of times I wasn't sure if I had seen it or it was just the way it was picking up reflections.

At least once, though I got strong blue light through the camera, so I guess its defnitely an IR fob - I've taken some photots but I don't know how to post a pic though!

Sometimes the red light is coming on and I can't see the blue light, so I am guessing that there is defnitely a fault with the keyfob plip - so the resynch with the alarm system might not be working simply because the plip isn't sending a signal at that particular moment.

At this point, I am still not sure if its JUST the keyfob, or the alarm too, and I can't afford to spend lots of money finding out.
Currently in Zeldazog's garage:
1998 Clio II 1.6 RXE 3dr
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome