Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - 1.9dCi No Turbo Boost/Limp Mode*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #42 of (permalink) Old 3rd June 2014
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna 2 - 1.9dCi No Turbo Boost/Limp Mode*FIXED*

The first thing I would be inclined to do is remove the ECU wiring connectors from the ECU and clean all of the pins with a spray electrical contact cleaner. Though this sounds daunting it it actually quite an easy process.

1. Remove the battery and the box it sits in. You will need to remove the air intake to the air box and the connection to the engine bay fuse box.

2 Remove the three large bolts from under the battery box and fold back the metal plate (towards the front of the car).

3. Disconnect each of the connectors and unscrew the ECU .

4. Spray the inside of each of the connectors on the end of the wiring looms with an electrical contact cleaner and rub gently with an old toothbrush.

5. Inspect the ECU connectors, looking for any bent pins touching each other (This happened to mine) and also looking for any signs of a clear jelly like substance. I think this is a primary cause of many problems. I believe when the car is being made the factory put a contact gel into each of the connectors. As this ages it can become non conductive and insulates the pins making the contact intermittent. Be sure to clean this off with contact cleaner and toothbrush.

6. Allow all connectors to dry fully before re-assembling and firing her up.

If this info is any good to anyone please let me know if it works ok and I may make a "How to".
Currently in daznkel's garage:
2002 Laguna II 1.9dCi Initiale ST
The Following User Says Thank You to daznkel For This Useful Post:
johnboyw (13th December 2014)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome