Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio RXE 1998 - Alarm & central locking

View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 12th April 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Oh, well I have just had the neighbours all a curtain-twitching.....

I decided to try, yet again, the procedure of pressing the centre console CL button, etc. This is what happened.

Press and hold to lock, after a few seconds, its clicks the locks, the immobiliser dash red light stays on for a while (10 seconds I guess), then back to normal (I did try blipping the keyfob twice, but it didn't do anything - which could be the fob not sending the signal of course)

Press and hold the unlock, clicks the locks, alarm activates for about 10 seconds, then disarms.

I did this again, only I pressed the unlock again whilst alarm activated, and off sounds the alarm for about 15 seconds - I forgot how loud it was!

I've double checked the keys, it defnitely sends the blue light signal to a digi camera, but only sometimes (and it doesn't always coincide with the red light on the keyfob either, so I cannot tell when its sending a signal or not)

Clearly I have a keyfob problem - but whatever I read on this forum seems to refer to immobiliser problems, codes, etc.

Does anyone know (or think) that the key is the only problem or does it sound like some alarm fault too?

Assuming that I cannot get it fixed (I will post a pic of the loose bit, see if anyone thinks its mendable) - what's next?

From what I have read on the forums, its all about the immobiliser accepting a new "transponder" code - what about alarms, do they have to be reprogrammed too?

When I got the car, it had a keyfob with a blade and no button, which will activate the immobilser, then I had a second keyfob, with no blade and the alarm/remote button.

I swapped them over so the blade was in the alarm button fob, less to stuff in my bag that way (girls, I know!) - so I should still have a working immobiliser fob (not used it in ages)

I am just really reluctant to go down the route of renault diagnostics if I can avoid it, as I really can't afford to spend the money that way - lone parent, and all that, so if anyone can give any advice/suggestions, many many thanks.
Currently in Zeldazog's garage:
1998 Clio II 1.6 RXE 3dr
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome