Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Brake fluid Megane MK3

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 4th June 2014 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Brake fluid Megane MK3

Originally Posted by Meganeman View Post
Hi just keep pumping the pedal until you see clear fluid from the bleed nipple.I would leave the clutch circuit alone-they can be a nightmare to bleed sometimes.
If I siphon out fluid from the brake reservoir, is there not a chance that air will get into the clutch circuit anyway? i've bled the clutch circuit before on this car because the pipe going from the reservoir to the slave cylinder had a leak, so after replacing the way i bled the clutch was I attached a big syringe attached to a hose. I siphoned brake fluid through the hose into the syringe. the syringe and hose was now full of fluid. I removed the cover of the brake reservoir, then inserted the hose thats full of fluid into the clutch bleed nipple and then pushed fluid through the syringe up the clutch pipe pushing all the air out of the brake reservoir.

I'm just wondering when dealers replace brake fluid, do they touch the clutch line or do they just bleed the calipers?
Currently in jamesmeg's garage:
Megane MK3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome