Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio RXE 1998 - Alarm & central locking

View Single Post
post #22 of (permalink) Old 13th April 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Regarding the receiver in the car, I unclipped the cover, but nothing else appears to be removeable - there;s a bit of plastic that unclips from the clear bulb type things, but it is still attached, kind of hinged, but doesn't go far.

I can't see how to remove anything to inspect for damp.

With all due respect regarding the system, if the immobiliser is linked to the CL and alarm, how does the immo still work when the remote CL or alarm won't?

Obviously I will give fixing the key a go (looks like a very fine soldering iron is required, its the tiniest bit that has come loose) but I am still quite confused as to why neither the alarm or the remote central locking work - my key appears to work randomly, so, of the many times I have tried to arm/disarm/lock/unlock using the keyfob, surely it would have worked the odd time? Or could it be pure chance that its never sent the signal when its near the car (only when pointed at a digi camera??)
Currently in Zeldazog's garage:
1998 Clio II 1.6 RXE 3dr
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome