Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Clio - 172 - Induction

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 13th April 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
hi grayo172,

Basicly you want to get that cone filter as far away from the engine as you possibly can and as low down to the floor without the risk of sucking up water in this wonderful Brittish weather we have. I've fitted a cone filter to my Lag II, mainly for economy reasons as it does add a few miles onto your MPG and a tad more tourque which is always good! I had ebough space in there to run some aliminium piping down the side of the wing and positioned the cone just behind and below the passenger headlight. wonderfull thing about the Laguna is there are plenty of splash pannels in this area to stop it getting wet. I'm not sure if you'll have the same amount of sapce in your clio. I'm currently on my computer in work as my laptop is nackered but once fixed I'll see if I can get some pics to you. I wouldn't worry too much about getting it on a rolling road for a set up, only bother spending the cash to do this if you fancy racing. Renaults are fitted with learning ecu 's so if you disconnect the battery and let the ecu reset it self it should learn that a bit more colder air is comming in and adjust the fuel mix accordingly. Get yourself on a site called and do a search for CAI (Cold Air Intake) There are some very detailed instructions of how to make them and where to source parts. Ebay is always good, universal cones on there start from about £15, exactly the same as the K&N but loads cheaper, you should be able to soure silicone connecters and ali pipe on there. Obviosly the instructions you'll find on will be for the Mazda MX3 but you should find some good ideas on there.
Currently in Mikey's garage:
1996 Mazda MX-3 V6, a 2002 1.2 8v Fiat Punto active (the Wife's!) and a 1998 Suzuki GN 125. Used to own a 2002 Laguna II Dynamique 1.8 16V (Now Sold yey!)

Last edited by Mikey; 13th April 2007 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake Do'h!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome