Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Espace - Air Conditioning

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 13th April 2007 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Renault - Espace - Air Conditioning

Letting you all know about this as I wonder if it is a common fault - or indeed an installation design fault.

I found air conditioning not to be working - had'nt really driven the car in hot weather until now. After a recharge (free of charge at the Renault dealer - don't ask me how I got that) and after a diagnostic (again subsequently wavered) the switched earth wire to the compressor was found to be faulty and corroded at the connector block.

Apparrently quite a few bits in the engine bay had to be removed to get to it. I probably did pay more than if I had used an independant garage however fortunately the dealer I bought the car from has agreed to contribute an amount towards it even though I was outside the used car warranty. (You might say they should'nt have sold the car to me with air con that was not working - but they have sorted a couple of other items and think they are being very reasonable)

While it was in I also had the auxillary belt drive and tensioner replaced as the tensionar pulley was found to have a chunk of plastic missing - this was done close to the price of the parts.

Overall it has burnt a small hole in my wallet, but overall the I think the dealers have been reasonable - don't ask me to mention names and costs for this one as I don't want to put the dealers up for comparison.

However the main reason for the post is to try and find out if this is a common fault - air con compressor - not the pulley wheel.

Also after this episode I am wondering if I should have purchased a car that still had the manufacturers Warranty with it. I guess we live and learn.
Currently in ns.thomson's garage:
Rover in Garage, Grande Espace 2.2 Initiale on Drive
  5 Lastest Threads by ns.thomson
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Axial ball joint - detrimental? Steering and Suspension madnoel10 1 1920 23rd March 2010 12:31 PM
Should I worry? Engines Nick 8 3439 24th December 2009 05:54 PM
Auto climate - on with a/c light off Heating & cooling Rentech 10 2469 31st August 2009 07:47 PM
Renault Espace - Front Sidelight... Espace Bigdave117 9 4381 28th August 2009 10:11 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome