Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Modus Headlamp bulb replacement nightmare

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 14th December 2005 Thread Starter
Wiltshire Tony
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I almost managed to change the Headlamp bulb, almost. Firstly I removed the easy stuff that just needed unbolting. This gave me access (with one arm) to the back of the Headlamp unit. I had to remove the dust seal cap which I dropped! down in to the depths of the engine compartment. Then I removed the bulb holder and replaced the bulb. But after about one hour I had to admit defeat because I just could not work out how to fix the bulb holder back in to the headlamp unit. Not being able to get a visual on what I was doing didn't help. I was just feeling around with one arm while I looked in through the haedlamp lens.
So I have just had the car back from my local main dealer. Not bad actualy. They used the same bulb that I was trying to insert, recovered and fixed the dust seal cap and only charged me for one half hour's labour. Also I was able to talk to their service reception manager who told me that the way I had approached the problem was the only way they knew off. I had suspected that there may of been a quick fix that I had not thought off i.e. going through the wheel arch etc.
So that's that. Just wait for the other bl**dy bulbs to go now!
Happy Christmas
Over and out.
Currently in Wiltshire Tony's garage:
Used to own a 2004 Modus 1.4 Priviledge
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome