Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electronic Parking Brake Fault Fixed

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 8th June 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Electronic Parking Brake Fault Fixed

Hi Kevin
In my last posting I gave some tips on locating corrosion faults in the feed wire.
(Ignore the first bit about the Megane carminat tom tom stuff. That was not part of my posting. It seems that another unrelated thread became mixed up with mine!)

With regard to your problem - If the red led is lit on the manual button, power is being supplied to the EPB. You will need to check that the supply voltage at the manual control is healthy.
Mine was about 13/14V at the manual control and dropped to around 8V at the EPB.
Repeat the check at the multi-plug, of the power feed wire. (This is located under the rear seat beneath a large rubber blanking plug) If you have a voltage drop this is the probable cause of the 'Check EPB' warning. Too low power and it will refuse to operate.
Renault recommend manipulation of the wire and the connectors for fault location checks. Look for variations in the meter readings when doing this.
I have seen other postings about wire faults local to the multi plug, so perhaps this would be the best place to start your checks.
Hope this helps
Currently in Axvr's garage:
2005 Renault Laguna 2 2.0T
The Following User Says Thank You to Axvr For This Useful Post:
HeatherJ (8th June 2014)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome