Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Electronic Parking Brake Fault Fixed

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 8th June 2014
Kevin Ferguson
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Electronic Parking Brake Fault Fixed

Hi Nottnoc and Axvr, thank you both for your quick replies.
Its funny you should mention the brake pads Nottnoc, as i believe the warning started soon after having them replaced , and continued as a warning (but still worked) for a few weeks, but then has now changed to a fault and will not operate at it possible that this is related to the problem ? or coincidence ?
Axvr I found that connector you mention under the rear seat, but could only measure the DC at the supply side when I disconnected the connector, as the opposite side that goes to the module underneath is insulated so well in its housing that I can't see any point on it to measure. The voltage to the supply side seemed fine...
I even recharged the battery , just in case it was not at optimum level...but still no change...
The red led at the handle only lights for a second when I open the door as I unlock the car (not always) but then goes off and then the warning appears on dash and the audible beeping starts....
its beginning to drive me crazy
I have not been underneath the car as of yet, as I don't have any safe way of doing this.....
I'm thinking maybe there are sensors of some sort ? do these or can they be reset in any way ? or cleaned ? I'm nearly at my wits end....
Tahnks again
Currently in Kevin Ferguson's garage:
2005 Renault Laguna 1.9 TDi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome