Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Advise please

Thread: Advise please
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 14th April 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Advise please

Good morning all,I am thinking of changing my Y regClio Grande for a W reg Clio diesel 1.9DTI SI.The mileage on this car is 53000.I have had a friend whose advice I trust to look at the car and he was very concerned that the clutch pedal rubber is very worn and he thinks that this indicates that the clutch may be on the point of going.He also felt that the car had may have been clocked I checked the milegage on the web with Autocheck and the mileage is correct.Another thing that is bothering me is the fact that the dealer has offered me a lot more than I expected and more than other dealers have offered,for my Grande, I paid 2850 for it in September last year and the dealer is offering me 2275,I know I should be grateful,but I can't help wondering if he has offered me so much becaause he wants to unload the Clio for some reason.Finally the dealer stated the the warranty,3 months,would not cover the clutch and that no warranty ever covered the clutch,the warranty that i got with my grande covered the clutch,so he was not correct in what he said.Sorry this is so long.
I would very much appreciate any advice from other forum members.
Currently in megpotts's garage:
2001clio grande
  5 Lastest Threads by megpotts
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Goodbye Welcome to RenaultForums scatz 4 804 23rd April 2007 06:27 PM
Advise please Clio SportTourer 16 3034 14th April 2007 08:55 AM
Changing my clio Cars & motoring chris m 1 744 6th April 2007 03:32 PM
Touch Up Paint Clio leroy 2 1547 19th March 2007 02:25 PM
Transponder Electronics madnoel10 3 1142 18th March 2007 02:25 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome